Insight into The Mendel Chronicles

A writing project by Jeremy Davenport
I want to use this blog to work on my writing skills, and to write something longer than a page or two. One way to do it is by a piece at a time. Blogs is structured much the way I feel like I can write, and so here it is. In your comments, please provide any advice you might have for me to develop my writing skills, and any suggestions you have to improve the story line.

2011-01-10

Author's Comments - Chapter 3

Well, I've been working on Chapter 3 for a few days now, and it's not that I've hit writer's block per se, but I'm trying to boil down a few ideas in my mind before I put it down on paper. I really like where this story is going, and feel like it got of to a rocky start, but that my writing is improving overall.

I never thought that I'd be putting so much dialogue in anything I wrote, and thought that I would spend a lot of time describing things. I thought I'd run out of adjectives with which to describe things and never have any decent characters.

Mendel and Vela Omicron are very much alive in my mind. I know their personalities, their interests, their loves, hates, fears, and even how they look. I used to wonder how authors could conceive of the details they put in their stories, but never until now, did I understand how they did it. I finally feel like the "Creativity" button has been pressed in my mind.

I hope to post Chapter 3 in a few days, hopefully no later than the weekend.

Let me know how I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment